There are so many parts of Idaho that are beautiful and getaway-worthy, but you can’t beat Stanley! Pack your bags, buckle up the kiddos, and go road-tripping to our charming, picturesque small town. To help you make the most out of your vacation, we’ve constructed a helpful guide for an unbeatable 7-day trip to Stanley, Idaho!
Get a copy of our Free Vacation Guide delivered to your inbox today for even more local insight into the area!
Our 7-Day Trip to Stanley, Idaho, Itinerary
Do you want to be conveniently located near all the best things to see and do in the area? Stay with us at Redfish Lake Lodge! We have everything you need for an unforgettable 7-day trip to Stanley, Idaho.
- Check-in to your rustic accommodations at Redfish Lake Lodge (check-in is available from 3:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.). We’re happy to offer stand-alone cabins, duplex cabins, suites, and lodge rooms.
- Roam the grounds of our property and discover everything that we offer. No matter what lodging option you choose, you’ll be within walking distance to the marina, dining, lake, hiking trails, general store, and more!
- Enjoy a casual dinner at Lakeside Grill. The Lakeside Grill is open from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily (weather permitting) and offers mouthwatering burgers, wraps, sandwiches, fish tacos, burritos, soups, and salads. End the meal with our famous “living the dream” soft-serve ice cream.
- Fuel up for your first day at Redfish Lake Lodge with a delicious breakfast at Limbert’s. Whether you’re craving fresh fruit with house-baked granola or grilled Idaho trout and chorizo, we’ve got you covered here at Limbert’s.
- Head south on Highway 75 for about half an hour and spend the day exploring Sawtooth National Forest. Some of the most popular outdoor activities to enjoy here include fly fishing, boating, hiking, soaking in hot springs, and more!
- Unwind from the day with a refreshing beer by the lake. For your convenience, we sell cold beer at our onsite General Store!
- Spend the day relaxing on the beachy shores of Redfish Lake. The beach is perfect for swimming, wading, and sunbathing!
- Take a break from the beach for lunch and make your way up to Lakeside Grill—no dress code required here!
- Clean up and get ready for Happy Hour at The Rustic Lounge (we offer Happy Hour on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays). Trei, our bartender of over twenty years now, will be sure to serve you up fantastic drinks and friendly conversations.
- Visit our bike rental shop and rent some bicycles for the day. We’re happy to offer rental options for the whole family, including mountain bikes, fat-tire bikes, comfort cruisers, kids’ bikes, and more.
- Embark on some of the finest biking trails in the nation. If you’re an experienced rider, try one of the more difficult loops—Fisher/Williams, Potato Mountain, or Elk Mountain. Or stay closer to the lake on the Fishhook Creek Trail, a leisurely ride for all ages.
- Treat yourself to a high-quality dinner at Limbert’s. Our chef-curated menu features excellent options such as cast-iron cornbread, our Redfish burger, ricotta gnocchi, and more.
- Make a trip to our General Store and pick up all the supplies you need for a fun-filled day on the lake. Snag some cans of beer, water bottles, and tasty snacks!
- Go to our Redfish Lake Marina and rent a boat for the day. We provide pontoons, motorboats, kayaks, canoes, and more!
- Do you want to enjoy the picturesque sunset on the lake? Book our Sunset Appetizer Cruise (open to guests of all ages) and watch the day come to an end over the water as you enjoy some delectable appetizers.
- Begin your morning with a paddleboarding ride across the lake. It’s the perfect combination of serene relaxation and healthy exercise. We’re happy to offer paddleboard rentals at our onsite marina.
- Saddle up and go on a scenic horseback ride through the Sawtooth Mountains. At Redfish Lake Corrals, we provide 1 hour, 1 ½ hour, 2 hours, ½ day, and full-day rides, so it’s easy to pick the perfect adventure for your group.
- Make the most out of your last evening at Redfish Lake Lodge and enjoy dinner at The Rustic Lounge. This eclectic restaurant is open seven days a week from 4:00 p.m. to midnight or noon to midnight during peak summer weeks.
- The last day of vacation is always bittersweet. Spend the morning sipping coffee and sharing memories while gazing at the lake from the beach or your private porch.
- Don’t forget to pick up a souvenir at the General Store so you’ll never forget your time spent at Redfish Lake Lodge. We’ve got sweatshirts, t-shirts, coffee mugs, tree ornaments, and more!
- Check out of your accommodations by 11:00 a.m. We can’t thank you enough for choosing us as your location for vacation.
It’s Time to Book Your Vacation With Us
Browse our accommodations at Redfish Lake Lodge and pick the perfect place for you! We can’t wait to host you during your exciting 7-day trip to Stanley, Idaho!