Our season runs from the first of May to the end of September or first weekend in October. The crew ranges from 60-65 people when we are fully staffed. First consideration is given to those who can work at least through Labor Day weekend, and preferably through the end of September.
We are happy to work with students looking for internships, and any of our positions can be tailored into an internship.
Experience is helpful for all positions and required for some. For example, we prefer our marina crew to have experience in outboard motor maintenance. Of course, our cooks should have chef or culinary experience. Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and lawn care is helpful in maintenance. Most important is your desire to learn and your ability to catch on quickly. The average age of a Redfish employee is 21, so maturity is assumed.
- Must be U.S. Citizen with a social security card, or have a work permit.
- Must be 17 years or older. For wait staff, store clerk, or bartender, must be 19 years or older.
- Must be responsible, honest, positive, and love the outdoors.
- Appearance must be neat and clean. No visible facial hooks, rings, or barbs allowed. Appropriate earring and necklace jewelry acceptable for women.
- Must abide by the Drug-free Workplace Policy. Redfish promotes a drug-free work environment and reserves the right to conduct drug testing.
Your application should be submitted early, starting in February. Hiring is usually completed by May 15. You can apply online using our online application form.
Working a summer at Redfish can be one of the most rewarding and exciting summer jobs available. Bring a balanced view of work and play. The area is breathtaking, and the friendships will be for a lifetime. If you qualify to be a part of our team, we want it to be one of the great times in your life!
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Living at Redfish
Because of our remote location, we provide room and board for employees and most live on-site. This, of course, means that we live and work together in close quarters, and accordingly, Redfish management establishes policies that affect an employee’s personal life. The information on this and linked pages should give you a good idea of what life is like at Redfish; however, this information may not be comprehensive. Please consider your willingness to accept direction concerning some of your personal behaviors before applying.
Redfish Lake offers employee activities on a monthly basis. A lot of outfitters in the area offer complimentary or discounted river or horse back trips, massages, or a scenic flight