Leave No Trace
Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Travel in small groups.
- Bring water and food.
- Pack extra clothes, the weather changes rapidly.
Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Stay on the trails to prevent erosion and damage to delicate plants.
- Camp in designated sites.
Dispose of Waste Properly
- Go to the bathroom before you hike.
- If you must urinate and there are no facilities, please do so on a tree (the acidic nature of your urine can kill smaller plants) and at least 200 feet from any water source.
- Bring plastic bags for all your dog waste.
- Pack out all wrappers, cans, banana peels, and any garbage.
Leave What You Find
- Do not pick the flowers or plants.
- Leave minerals, Indian artifacts, etc., for others to enjoy.
- Do not alter the landscape by building structures, digging, etc.
Minimize Campfire Impacts
- There is significant forest fire danger here, so only have fires in designated areas.
- When you do have a fire be sure that it is completely out by pouring water on it.
- Do not feed any animal.
- Do not chase, follow, or get too close to an animal.
Be Considerate of Other Visitors
- Keep voices and noises low so that others can enjoy the sounds of the outdoors.
- Be courteous.
For more information on Leave No Trace, please log onto www.lnt.org.